My photo
I am a non-relevant, non-famous, average person, living in this world as a visitor with my real home in Heaven.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What are you doing?

What are we doing with our life each day? Do we have any mind for heavenly things. or do we labor through each day for ourselves only? Do we work each day for our "stuff"? How much thought do we give each day, to eternity? There is nothing more important that what we do with this life while we have it for it all will be accounted in eternity.

2 Corinthians 5:6-10

6Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7We live by faith, not by sight. 8We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.


In this passage we see that Paul is telling us that as long as we are alive we are away from the Lord, but we still need to live with faith in the Lord though we can't see him. Why? Does this really matter? Of course it does, since Paul goes on to tell us that we are going to be judged on the things we have done while we are here on this side of eternity, both good and bad. I ask you, do you really believe that everything we do and every choice we make we will have to be judged someday? That is what is says, does it not? If we really believed that, would we live any different? We should. We have the Holy spirit in our hearts, guiding us daily if we choose to listen. It guides us to do God's will in our lives. We hear the Spirit easier when we are studying the word of God. My challenge to you is to embrace the Word of God daily, spend time with the Lord. Pray through out the day so that the Lord can guide you. My prayer is that when I get to heaven and meet my Lord, He will say to me, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

No comments:

Post a Comment