My photo
I am a non-relevant, non-famous, average person, living in this world as a visitor with my real home in Heaven.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Trust in the Lord

I am sorry it has been a while since my last entry. I have no excuse other than I have been lazy and complacent. Please pray for me that, I will not be so distracted by the world that I forget to give God time in my daily life.

This passage jumped out at me the other day while I was browsing through my bible waiting for Sunday School to start.

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct[a] your paths.

It is such a simple truth but how often we abandon this clear path that God has prepared for us. The first part is Trust. The definition of the word Trust is as follows: "Reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, of a person or thing; confidence." -Websters Dictionary. Can we honestly look at ourselves each day and say we are Relying on the Strength and Surety of the Lord? Or do we fall into what the second part of the verse says. "...lean not on your own understanding". So many days I get up in the morning and choose not to pray and dedicate my day to Christ. So many days I go through and forget that Christ is there to help me and guide me through out the day. Instead of relying on Christ, I jump into the day with the understanding that I am making the choices of the day alone. Now the day may not have turned out bad, BUT, how many opportunities have I missed today that the Lord had prepared for me? Could I have been a witness to someone today if I was in-tune with Christ? He tells us in the following verse that if I acknowledge Him in all I do he will guide my path. Wow! Just think about this for a second. The Creator of the universe wants to have the type of relationship with me that will guide me through each day in his perfect will. I imagine holding the Hand of Christ as I walk through a busy life knowing that I have His protection and guidance. So, to sum it all up, lets start our day off right by trusting the Lord, acknowledging Him, and following His guidance. True joy comes from a right relationship with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment