My photo
I am a non-relevant, non-famous, average person, living in this world as a visitor with my real home in Heaven.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Do we still Love our Neighbor?

Jesus gave us the two greatest commandments in Mark chapter 12 verses 28-34, but I want to focus on the second one. To love your neighbor as yourself. This comes to mind for me because I was reading about the last days in Matthew 24 and a verse stood out to me. Verse 12 listed below is what hit me so hard.

Matthew 24:12 (New King James Version)

12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

While examining my own heart, I wonder if I truly love my neighbor or has it grown cold? I end up asking myself some questions. Have you watched what is going on in this world? Are you frustrated with the school systems? Are you frustrated with the Government? Are the laws in this country backwards, when a person drives drunk and kills someone gets 6 months in jail, but someone who kills a dog gets 2 years in jail? Do you get tired of the bias toward Christianity? Does it bother you that Christ is being erased from all facets of life for the sake of separation of church and state? Is common sense dead? It feels like lawlessness is more acceptable now-days, rather than the biblical world view of living life.

After all of this examining of ourselves, do we still pray for our political leaders faithfully or do we just yell at the TV about how crazy all of this mess sounds? Do we pray for our teachers and school boards everyday, or complain about what our children are being taught and wish someone would do something about it? For me I fear that my love for my neighbor is at least getting chilly and I need to spend more time on my knees. I challenge everyone to examine yourself, so we do not fail at one of the greatest commandments. Lets love our neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment