My photo
I am a non-relevant, non-famous, average person, living in this world as a visitor with my real home in Heaven.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Do we really believe?

I asked my children a couple of days ago a question that made them really think. The question is, "IF, you were taken up to heaven, and were standing before the throne of God, and He was there arms wide beckoning you to come closer; what would you say?" My children told me they would thank him for things and ask for blessings. They also said they wanted guidance in their lives. What would you say?

Every time we stop to pray, that is exactly what happens. We are communicating with the all knowing, everlasting, creator God of all things. Um.....WOW!!! When I stop to think about that it leaves me speechless and awestruck. For starters, the fact that we even have access like we do, is amazing. But the bible does say, that those that have accepted Him as Lord and Savior, become children of God. That all makes a little more sense to me now. Even the most powerful King would not deny His children an audience whenever they wanted. We have the access because of what Christ did for us, in becoming our sacrifice for sin. When we believe that Christ died for our sins and rose again on the third day, and accept that, we become children of God. If you don't know Jesus Christ as your savior, you are missing out on so much.

Now, back to the Christian, what would you say? I believe that if we really understood the privilege that we have, in the ability to communicate anytime we want, with God; maybe we would not say repetitive empty prayers. How many times in our life have we ran through a prayer at the diner table without thinking just to fulfill some duty so we could eat? How many times have we prayed because we wanted to say "well I've finished that duty for the day", now let me go do what I really want to do? If we really believed that we were in the throne room of God and talking to Him, I think we would have a hard time getting up from praying rather than quick repetitive empty chants we call prayers. I challenge you to think about were you are and what you are doing next time you talk to God. Lets not abuse this awesome privilege we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment