My photo
I am a non-relevant, non-famous, average person, living in this world as a visitor with my real home in Heaven.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

To Burn the Quran or not to Burn the Quran.

Gods word says: Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21).

This is an easy answer as much as I do not like it sometimes. No, we should NOT burn the Quran in an act of vengeance but rather show love to our enemy. On the eve of 9/11 it is hard for me to not have feelings towards radical Islam, yet hatred is not what the real Christian is all about. Lets not forget that we are commanded to love our neighbor and that includes everyone. How can this world see the love of Christ if we as Christians show hatred and resentment instead. So my challenge to our nation in the coming days is to love our enemy by meeting their needs. And the Islamic world NEEDS Christ. May God soften our hearts towards those that persecute us and give us a passion for reaching them for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment