My photo
I am a non-relevant, non-famous, average person, living in this world as a visitor with my real home in Heaven.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

My continued Burden

Mark 1:14-15
14A)">(A)Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, B)">(B)preaching the gospel of God,

15and saying, "C)">(C)The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; D)">(D)repent and believe in the gospel."

I have said this now more than a few times but its a burden that is staying on my heart that I think the world needs to hear, and hear it often. REPENT! The time is now and it is short. I feel it with all my heart. In a recent blog by Joel Rosenberg he wrote...

"President Obama is making global nuclear disarmament his top foreign policy priority. He just chaired a U.N. Security Council meeting to push this agenda. It is increasingly conceivable that he will try to force Israel to "play by the same rules" as everyone else and disarm unilaterally, even though Israel has never threatened to "annihilate" a neighbor. As I imagine in "The Ezekiel Option," such a resolution against Israel could be introduced into the U.N. by Russia. The coalition against Israel could be led by Russia and Iran. Should this happen, we could begin to see the prophecies of Ezekiel 38-39 come to pass in fairly short order. While it is too early to conclude that is what is happening now, it is not too early to intensify our prayers for the peace of Jerusalem, according to Psalm 122:6"

If this doesn't give you a chill down your spine, I don't know what will. The world is aligning to a point where Israel will be isolated and when they are attacked and saved by God only God will be able to get the glory for the miracle that takes place.

According to Wikipedia Repentance is defined as:
Repentance
is a change of thought and action to correct a wrong and gain forgiveness from a person who is wronged. In religious contexts it usually refers to confession to God, ceasing sin against God, and resolving to live according to religious law. It typically includes an admission of guilt, a promise or resolve not to repeat the offense; an attempt to make restitution for the wrong, or in some way to reverse the harmful effects of the wrong where possible.

We need to do a 180 degree turn from our evil ways and our sinful hearts. Its a change of thought and action. Repentance is not simply an empty sorry that is said as some magical word to be back in the OK with God. Now, I'm not saying we won't stumble and revert to our sin nature. The apostle Paul carried his cross daily as we should. Its a constant struggle to live the Holy life God wants us to live. If we stay in God's will and live the life he has planned for us there is no greater joy and peace that we can find on this side of heaven.

Lord, I pray you keep me on the path you have prepared for me and not my selfish desires to go the way of my sin nature. Help me live the life of true repentance and within your will. May we all be faithful and prepared for your return. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment